Sat, Nov 18|
Childbirth Preparation Course
This one-day course is created to support all birthing families in preparation for labour, birth, and postpartum.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Victoria, 481 Head St #1, Victoria, BC V9A 5S1, Canada
About the event
This one-day course is created to support all birthing families in preparation for labour, birth, and postpartum. We center the needs and preferences of birthing people in planning for the birth they want while empowering participants with information and self-advocacy tools to navigate unexpected situations and the health care system.
Our team of skilled and experienced Doulas and Childbirth Educators host an inclusive and accessible space for everyone including BIPOC, trans, non-binary, and queer folks. Participants are welcome to attend on their own or bring a partner, family member, or friend. We recommend that the person you choose to bring with you is the same person who will be at your birth. This is an opportunity to connect with other expecting families as well as birth workers in your community.
- Community building and getting know each other
- The physiological progression of labour and tools for each stage
- Coping with pain using non-medical or medical options as well as practice with comfort measures
- Birth planning for self-advocacy, informed consent, and the right of refusal
- Postpartum adjustment planning and practice skills to care for a new born
- Options for feeding your baby and building confidence for breast/chest feeding
- Physical recovery and postpartum mental health
$150 per registration