Sat, Mar 09|
Birth Prep & Early Postpartum Rehabilitation March 2024
Everything you need to know to prepare your body and pelvic floor for birth and postpartum!
Time & Location
Mar 09, 2024, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Victoria, 481 Head St, Victoria, BC V9A 5S1, Canada
About the event
Due to the interest in the Birth Prep + Early Postpartum Rehabilitation workshop - Nicole will be running another class on Saturday March 9th from 10-2pm!!! https://upliftphysio.janeapp.com/locations/uplift-physiotherapy-at-earthside-birth-midwifery/book#staff_member/1
Nicole, a Pelvic Health Physiotherapist practicing in Victoria, will be leading a workshop: Birth Prep + Early Postpartum Rehabilitation. This is perinatal education focused on your physical preparation prior to birth, core and pelvic floor, what to expect in postpartum regarding your body, and how to optimize your recovery.
Nicole has completed extensive post-graduate education in pelvic health, and working with hundreds of patients over the years, she can attest to the importance of a proactive approach to perinatal pelvic health. More information about Nicole and her practice can be found at upliftphysio.com and IG: uplift.physio.
This workshop includes:
- 4 hours of in-person education for yourself and your birth support person (if you choose to have them there), where there will opportunity to practice and ask questions about the content
- A 49 page workbook and 60+ videos to refer back to when you need the information
- A bonus is connecting with other pregnant people in the community!
Specifically this workshop will cover:
- How to connect with your core and why this is important for birth and postpartum
- Mobility to prepare for birth
- Labour positions, Pain management strategies, Delivery positions, Pushing strategies
- Perineal massage and Perineal tears
- What to expect postpartum with your physical healing and recovery from both a vaginal and C-section birth
- Factors that contribute to healing and how to optimize them
- Learning how to perform common functional tasks in postpartum while you’re physically recovering
- Common concerns postpartum including: Leaking, Urgency, Prolapse, Diastasis “abdominal separation," Pain with sex - dispelling myths, and initial strategies to implement
- Specific C-section recovery information - from immediate post-surgery through the first 6 weeks postpartum, including information on abdominal garments and bladder + bowel considerations
- Scar rehabilitation
- Exactly what to do to reconnect with your core
- Mobility + Exercises to support recovery week by week from 0 to 6 weeks
- When to seek additional support